Saturday, March 31, 2012

As promised here is my first DIY post, well technically it's not so much a DIY as a glam it up post. I purchased these gold painted ceramic pieces at a local Savers for only $4 about a year and a half ago. My eye was originally drawn to their old Hollywood feel. They lived in my Vegas themed bathroom at school. Upon moving out they sat unused because they didn't fit with my room decor. So I had an aha! moment. WHY NOT PAINT THEM?

So I took this...

Primed it [white] and painted it!


The black fits much better with the rest of the decor in my room and when I move out, they'll easily fit with my new place [hopefully]


So I hope this post has given you an idea to paint something in your procession that used to work with your decor and now just sits unused. Don't be afraid to take the worse that could happen is that you have to paint ti back to the original color. I'm already thinking of ways to glam them up even more. Hmm maybe so glitter or highlight colors....




No comments:

Post a Comment