Monday, April 2, 2012

A new desk

On my drive home sunday post-birthday party from my friend's house in Rhode Island, I was driving past this house that normally has horses out and is overall beautiful to look at. I was surprised to see a for sale sign and some furniture placed at the end of the driveway with pieces of paper attached to them. In my haste to get home and just crawl back into bed [we stayed up until 5am ehh] before I had to drive into Boston for rehearsal, I saw a beautiful black desk with tons of drawers. The moment I got home I told my mother about the desk, since she has a truck. She agreed to go and look at it with my father after the baby shower they were attending and if it was indeed free they'd pick it up for me.

Fast forward six hours later, I arrive home to find a covered desk in my dinning room! Imagine my excitement. I promptly went into the living room to talk to my father.

Me: "So the desk was free?"
Father: "There a piece of paper on it with a price of $100 when we went to go look at it."
Me: "Please tell me you didn't pay $100 for it."
Father: "We came back after the shower and it was only $50."
Me: "So I take it I owe you $50 now, huh?"
Father: "Yes, and your mother mentioned something about you maybe painting it..."

Oh, my mother knows me too well. The desk was most definitely worth the $50. It's extremely sturdy and all the drawers work. However in my hast drive past it, I mistook the color. It's actually a dark brown. Nevertheless, I'm thinking a nice coat of black paint with be just the right look I want.

I whole heartily believe that furniture should reflect its owner, so besides a new coat of paint on my new desk, I've been looking into some cool drawer pulls and knobs. Below the jump are some of the more unique or interesting ones I found on Etsy. Enjoy!




The look of these makes my own heart skip a beat, unfortunately it's $18.50 for one. A little out of my budget for a multi drawer desk.



$8.50 and comes in four different colors? These could live an anything that needs a knob.



These are by far my favorite knobs I've found so far. And though I'm not completely sold on having it on a desk, the night stand I'm thinking of purchasing would fit with this perfect! $7.00 for one



Not really my style, not really a bird skull type of person, but I can't deny that appeal of these. $18 for one.



No comments:

Post a Comment