Monday, April 16, 2012

Hunger Games Food: Capitol Bread

I am a huge fan of the Hunger Games book series and as the nation went stir crazy over the movie premiere, I found myself in a world of Hunger Games themed items. I'm still debating on making my birthday party theme this summer Hunger Games, so in the meantime while I get things together while planning it, I've decided to try and make some food from the books.

My first attempt is at the Capitol bread. In the book it is described as puffy bread and goose liver. Ehh, the idea of goose liver is not something I'd enjoy. So I thought what is available at my local grocery store that is close enough? Turkey sausage.

Here's what I did.



(Sorry some of the photos are turned)

I package of Italian Turkey Sausage and 2 packages of Crescent Rolls

I cut open the sausages and took the meat out to pan sear.
After that was done I placed the cooked meat in the center of the crescent roll.
TIP 1: stretch the the triangle out a little so you have room to wrap the meat.
TIP 2: I used about 3 sausages per crescent roll package, feel free to adjust as desired.
Fold the left and right corner of the triangle over the meat,
take the center one and wrap all the way around to cover all the meat.
Follow the baking instructions on the tubing of the crescent rolls.

Baking
 The finished project! They tasted delicious, but very filling!


I hope you try this and add your own twist to it. Feel free to share your cooking attempts with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment