Sunday, April 15, 2012

An unexpected break

I had not intended to take two weeks off from this blog and although I have not posted I have been busy at work. Outside of the arguments with my parents over painting my desk, which I graciously eventually agreed not to do. Competition season is arriving at both the dance studios I work at and recital costumes are going home soon...so I had some hats to finish customizing, costumes to take in and fix, and start to figure out my own costumes. If I wasn't  busy enough, Easter arrived in a house cleaning frenzy that left me craving my bed when I wasn't working, rehearsing, making costumes or cleaning.

Which takes us up to the week that has just passed. The beginning of the week began with a slight sickness which had me enjoying laying in bed, got to watch some Star Trek movies though. And of course the main reason for my absence this week, I had a hip hop dance competition with the crew I dance with in Boston. I spent most of the week rehearsing and finding costume pieces. I did manage to take a trip to Savers and have a wonderful DIY coming your way soon! If the weather hadn't been so yucky I could have done it earlier, but c'est la vie.  Luckily, its school vacation this week and thus a week off for me.

So what can you expect in the next week...? Here's the list!

DIY Ombre chair attempt
DIY earrings
Customising a desk without painting...
Customising a hat for costume party or Halloween
And some other goodies, you'll have to come back and see!


No comments:

Post a Comment