Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thrift Store Outfit #1

Hello again.

So this post marks a new series of posts that I hope to be posting monthly, maybe even bimonthly (twice a month).

As a background, I think its really important that at least twice a year you go through your closet and donate clothes that no longer fit or you haven't worn in more than 6 months. Extreme seasonal clothing not counted, some winters aren't that cold, doesn't mean you should get rid of all your gloves then. However, that pair that's been sitting in the back of your closet since 1982...well maybe 2002, would probably benefit someone in need of a new pair of gloves.

I recently went full spring cleaning mode on my closet, donating bags of clothes I no longer wear. With all the extra room in my closet, let the shopping begin. I figured the best place to start was my local thrift store. Some of the best thrift stores for clothing near me are in Boston, but as a South Shore girl Savers is my go-to thrift store.

You should go in having a general idea of what you're looking for or you could be there for hours. After I hit the homewares and book section, I always head straight to the shoes. I find it's hit or miss with this section. However, I was not dissappointed this time. From there it was off to the clothes. I was on a mission to find a complete outfit now. Check out the whole outfit I picked up for under $25!






(Clockwise from upper left) Rocky Men's leather boots $12.99; Forever 21 plaid 3/4 sleeve button down $3.99; Batman t-shirt $1.99; Levi's black denim high waisted shorts $2.99; Faded Glory peach denim shorts $3.99 (not part of the outfit, I just thought they were cute!)

Minus the peach shorts, the outfit comes to a grand total of $21.96! Super cute and ready for the spring days ahead of me. Why not try and pick up a full outfit for under $25 the next time you're in a thrift store, bring a friend and see what the two of you pick out!



I also picked up these cute cups for a total of only $1.98.


I have to say that if you haven't given Savers a try...you should ASAP!
















No comments:

Post a Comment